Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Template metaprogramming being useful part I - Self-inlining anonymous functions in C++.

Recently - thanks to the course conducted on my University - I've become interested in template metaprogramming. During some of the discussions on that topic, I've been told that metaprogramming (and even templates!) are too complex for business use. With my previous proffesional experience in C++ (which is currently none) I couldn't obviously argue with that statement; nevertheless, I've found an interesting article accounting for usefulness of template metaprogramming - Self-inlining anonymous functions in C++, which I believe makes it worthwile to learn how to use this functional language hidden in C++ templates.

edit: thanks to Rafał, another interesting source can be found here.